Motorcycle Action Group: National Committee Meeting
Date: June 14, 2014 Time 12.00 pm Venue: Shrewley Village Hall, CV35 7AN
1. Introduction and Register of Interests
JMC thanked all for attending. All attendees introduced themselves.
2. Apologies for absence:
Recorded on attached attendance sheet.
3. Adoption of NC agenda:
Several items were added to the Agenda.
4. Ratification of previous NC Minutes:
Pending. To progress via email.
5. Matters arising from previous Minutes:
6. Board meeting report:
SL noted that all new Directors for TMAGL had been appointed at AGC 2014, with the exception of the
final position, which was subsequently taken up post-AGC. The terms of office have been set variously at
2, 3 and 4 years so that not all posts are elected at the same time, thus providing an element of continuity
to the Board. Lots were drawn to determine each Director’s term of office.
Membership is slightly down, partly due to memberships taken up at the cross-country rolling
demonstrations not being renewed. Membership (single, joint and life) currently stands at 7, 446.
Membership cards are currently incorporated into letterhead paper but the possibility of a credit card type
(preferably sponsored) is currently being investigated. It is likely that the pipes logo will be used for
memberships and the “pacman” logo for corporate.
Employees are all happy and Leon and Lembit are extremely busy.
IM to donate a set of books to those joining by Direct Debit at the Farmyard Party.
There have been some procedural changes and staff appraisals will be taking place soon.
DH requested that it be minuted that he has found Central to be very efficient and speedy in his dealings
An organogram of MAG’s structure is to be published (and included in the Handbook).
Following extensive housekeeping and archiving it now appears that the existing database is running well
and is fit for purpose. There will be an update from Access 97 to Access 2010, which should provide
around another four years of service. GH to work on the way forward from this, and to talk to John Bailey
regarding the website. A gmail business account is to be set up.
Following a request from TS, it was confirmed that irrelevant email addresses should be brought to the
attention of JMC and SL. It was also confirmed following a question from OR that a clean-up of clubs
addresses would be part of the whole process.
(TP joins the meeting).
The Directors roles were discussed with a view to matching up qualities and qualifications so that it will be
possible to have “go-to” personnel for different areas of expertise. So far GH is to take on I.T. and PvA
will take on Finance.
IM is happy with The Road.
JMV has obtained several estimates regarding workplace pensions services. There is also an offer of
free-of-charge services from West Riding Financial Solutions (company owned and run by NFL).
NFL explained briefly how the Government-led auto enrolment in the scheme means that employees
have to opt out if they don’t wish to be part of the scheme and that it has to be updated every few years.
He also noted that MAG needs to talk with its payroll bureau to find out which systems they can work with
before choosing an appropriate provider.
That West Riding Financial Solutions handle the matter of workplace pensions on behalf of MAG.
Proposed: Pete Davison; Seconded: Selina Carried. (NFL abstained from the vote due to conflict of
Future reports to the Board by Julie Sperling, Executive Officer, are to be made available to the NC.
Carol Ferrari to attend next NC meeting, which is at a different venue.
A vote of thanks to NFL in respect to his time and efforts regarding workplace pensions.
Proposed: Phil McFadden; Seconded: Andy Carrott. Carried.
Advertising by potential new corporate members is being investigated.
AC noted that it is very important to think outside the box in an attempt to tap into revenue from non-
NFL to head up some Reps weekend training sessions, which will incorporate a revamped Local Group
Expansion Plan (LGEP). It is hoped that the first session will take place in October, possibly in Devon.
Neil Stephenson will no longer be cross-charged for his services to MAG, to save on invoicing.
Appropriate deductions will be made prior to monies being handed over to MAG.
AG asked whether the suggestion of a Rep’s Conference is something that could be incorporated into
Rep’s training. NFL expressed concerns regarding time constraints.
7. Appointments and Resignations:
Jon Metcalf has been appointed Acting Herts/Essex Rep and is organising an AGM.
Oliver Rose was appointed at AGC 2014 as Clubs Liaison Officer.
8. Open discussion:
SL opened the discussion by noting that reports had been received at AGC regarding some voting slips
being torn in half and used by non-members. As the difference in figures would have been minimal
(perhaps 3 or 4) and would not have affected the outcome of the votes it was decided at the time to take
no action due to the already charged atmosphere of the event.
However it does raise the issue of security at AGC and ensuring that everyone is signed in with their
current membership card. It was agreed that tighter control of the signing in process will be needed.
Moving on, SL then noted that all are entitled to their opinion, that NFL was returned as a Director at AGC;
MAG has a new Board and a new direction and that this open discussion was being made available to
clear the air.
AC stated that AGC was the air-clearing and SW noted that matters were covered in the pre-AGC NC
TS noted that she had had members in her Region contact her feeling disenfranchised and that they
chose not to attend AGC.
NFL noted that MAG now has a highly effective and professional team and that this is clearly
demonstrated on a daily basis.
TP said that members of the NC should be mindful of comments made, particularly via social media, as
they are all representatives of the organisation.
There followed discussion of a proposal put together by members of S.W. Region. SL read out the
proposal and it was decided that the issues had already been covered and dealt with at AGC by way of a
similar proposal that had been put forward at the time by another region.
That this proposal replicates a proposal presented at AGC; that the matter was discussed and voted upon
at AGC; and that consequently no further action is considered necessary.
Proposed: Ian Mutch; Seconded: Steve Wykes. Carried. (Tracy Smith abstained).
A lively discussion ensued regarding democracy (and acceptance of it!).
TP noted that the organisation needs to show due diligence so that the decision-making process is
NFL made some points regarding matters that led up to the tribunal and the manner in which they were
GH noted that AGC had stood by the Board and the NC and that the vast majority of MAG’s membership
has confidence in them.
NFL made some further comments regarding the process of investigation the tribunal outcome.
SL said that NFL had taken on a difficult task and seen it through.
Further discussion regarding the fact that, in hindsight with some of the things that came to light during the
run-up to the tribunal, matters would have been dealt with differently.
AC summed up by stating that MAG has just gone through the worst 18 months it has ever experienced,
but in spite of that strong people have continued in their roles and others took up vacant posts to steer the
organisation through to better times.
9. Campaigns update:
LÖ circulated the new working document that will be used to report on progress of projects. It will be a
live document that functions as both an update to NC and as a planner for allocation of time and
resources. He stated that it is results focussed and will help keep everyone on track.
He reported that there is now better project management and accountability; that a positive relationship
with DfT is being developed; that MAG’s media profile is improving; that Stranger’s single has charted.
MAG Sport is now evolving quickly, with the possibility of getting into road racing at little or no cost. LÖ
has met with SO’K at the NorthWest 200 to discuss progression of this.
In answer to a question from AC, who had a member observe that the recent hustings weren’t worth
doing, he stated that as a result of them, MAG now has commitments from all the main political parties
regarding consultation on motorcycling matters.
MAG has gained a two-hour slot on Biker FM.
LÖ has met with a representative of Australian riders’ rights who appears to be very pro-active; the
relationship to be progressed.
MAG had a stand at the ACE Café run to Margate.
The website has stalled.
The single has charted, but needs to get much higher. Work is needed on this.
LM reported that a successful intervention has prevented the “Dutch” roundabout being proposed in
Bedford from being progressed. Following the submission of two further plans (neither of which would be
good for motorcyclists) the matter is now awaiting a Ministerial decision from Minister Goodwill.
It is unfortunate that MAG is up against Sustrans, an organisation that has charitable status, 598
employees and £40M in funding. They are also contracted to DfT, meaning they get to make the decision
and get 10% of project costs as well). They appear to be primarily fighting to make life better for cyclists
by compressing the space available on the road for other road users, thereby reducing speed at the
He is still optimistic that the situation can be retrieved, but noted that powerful direct action is now required
regarding this matter.
LM has met with the BMF’s replacement to Chris Hodder, who appears to have considerable experience,
and hopes that a productive relationship can be developed.
Another scheme that has come to light recently is the use of “armadillos” to separate cyclists from other
traffic. These are large, raised, plastic domes that break easily if run over by relatively large vehicles. It
seems that bollards are to be put in place as well.
JMC noted that MAG needs to be mindful of the time constraints on LM and LÖ and that there is a need
for Reps to be more pro-active in their areas.
NFL speculated whether a volunteer could monitor workflow, with information on what’s being done,
where and when.
JMC suggested direct action in August, but AC said it would be better to await the outcome of the Bedford
situation before doing so. Discussion ensued regarding potential ways forward with a campaign, including
demonstrations by local groups at their Council offices and even the possibility of letters being delivered to
relevant authorities with a very strong message, i.e. that these schemes come with a “Danger of Death”
and that in the event of this happening a case for corporate manslaughter would be brought. The matter
will be progressed via email, along with a paper regarding ABS that has been provided by Trevor Baird.
SL stated that MAG is looking for guidance regarding what should be placed on Facebook and noted that
if the organisation goes forward with this it must be active. Discussion ensued.
The matter of providing Commuter tests to FEMA was discussed. This would involve different forms of
transport being assessed for time taken, cost, etc. Discussion to be progressed via email.
SW reported on the new Forth Road Bridge, which will have motorway status when completed. Currently
it is likely that the existing Bridge will remain open to public transport (buses, taxis and also cycles). This
would leave no provision for learner drivers/riders who would not be able to use either bridge, and there is
currently nothing in the parliamentary bill that clarifies the issue.
SW said that a “Bridge Too Far” demonstration is being looked at for September. LÖ noted that the
quickest option at the moment would be to contact the Scottish Roads Minister. The matter to be
progressed via email discussion.
(LM and AC leave the meeting).
NFL reported concerns regarding potential PPE equipment legislation. A Skype meeting is pending.
Lincolnshire Regional Report - June NC meeting
Since the last report I, like most (all?) of the NC, attended AGC. It was very satisfying that members
from all over the country came along and expressed their views and I am pleased there was a good
number from the Lincolnshire Region. The more people that see the democratic process working the
better. Since AGC the consensus seems to be that members just want MAG to move on and get back
to business however there remains some concern amongst branch officers that despite the remedy
hearing being over that there could be a claim on Newco funds. Membership is down just 2 over the
past 13 months.
I sorry to have to report that at the NE Lincs MAG AGM a decision was made to cease holding
meetings due to a lack of support. Fergus was the glue that bound the branch together and since his
departure it has slowly unravelled. There remains a Facebook presence and there will be social
activities but for now, no meetings, They have a few changes to make on bank account signatories
then intend to a cheque for in excess of £1000 to head office.
The Lincoln Branch has a nice new venue and is attracting a few more attendees. Progress continues
to be made on parking issues in the town. In researching parking provision I have discovered that the
council are re-writing their guidance document so I will be contacting them re. motorcycle provision.
Mid Lincs MAG have held some good social rides out and also held a profitable bike night raising a
couple of hundred quid. There has also been a nice increase in attendance at meetings with some
very constructive suggestions for fundraising and promotion opportunities.
I have also attended an AGM of the Morini Riders Club (affiliated club) where I gave a report on MAG
activities. I briefly mentioned the difficulties of the previous 12 months but the main concern was that
we still campaigning. Someone also asked about the well being of a certain Mr Mutch.
Lincolnshire Regional Rep
Well for some of the members of the SW the AGC did very little to allay their concerns.
Some did come away with a "lets move on now" attitude but others are struggling with some of the
decisions made. They have asked for a proposal to be heard at the June NC but it has been refused a
place on the agenda so I am now debating MAGs democracy claims with some of the more long time
very well practised members in the region.
As a result of a foolish and ill timed comment on the internet we have lost Plymouth MAG. This was
loud and public and not very pleasant. The damage done in the Plymouth area will take a long time to
settle and the possibility of another group in the near future is fairly unlikely.
Physical threats have been made to the person who had made the comment too.
In May we held our husting in Exeter which was a lively evening and we certainly learnt a lot about the
MEP candidates. Lembit very kindly travelled to chair the event for us.
Mid Devon have started their bike nights at their meeting venue. As a result of their discontent they are
not fundraising for MAG or promoting MAG and MAG membership at any of their events. 3 members
attended the AGC
South Devon are holding their meets at the Paignton Bike nights through the summer and are
attending a couple of other events with their stand. They are also struggling with the recent events in
MAG and in the courts but are continuing MAG work for the moment.
Mainly because the rep is getting very little support from the members Exeter is mainly a social meet.
No-one seems willing to help or to step up to take the bull by the horns atm.
Taunton has just had its Tone Vale Tea rally. Considering the terrible rain it was a lot of fun and great
to see Tony Cox and Grobo and Maddy who had
won the tickets at the AGC raffle. 2 members attended the AGC
North Devon have also started their bike nights in Barnstaple, and now they are making preparations
for their bike show in Ilfracombe in September. 6
members attended the AGC
In Cornwall Mike continues to bombard the local press with his letters about roads and motorcycling
issues and is published regularly. 1 member
attended the AGC
East Dorset are considering a venue change. They have attended poole bike nights and have had
their stand at fishermans wharf. Their recent AGM re-elected the committee.
West Dorset is another small band of members who have issue with the recent events. 2 members
attended the agc
Across the region the membership has dropped by at least 100. I know some of these are people no
longer ride as I received some responses to a mail out I sent to the expired list. I can also see that
there are names on that list now who were up until very recently active pro-MAG members who have
turned away as a result of the tribunals and the decisions taken to do with that event. That is not me
guessing..I have had many discussions and know
where these people stand.
The SW proposal was sent to the chair for consideration for the NC agenda but was refused. This
decision has not been welcomed by some SW members and the email discussion/battle goes on.
South West Region Representative
June 2014 NC Report
Right, as you will see Towcester very inactive at moment….despite encouragement I feel they may
fold. I attended RADMAG AGM where new Rep Alex Moore was voted in; there is some dissatisfaction
within the group for the way they seem to think MAG is going. Peterborough MAG is going from
strength to strength with a £600 donation sent up to central.
I & the wonderful Peterborough Rep got invited to a Road Safety event held by Cambridgeshire &
Peterborough road safety partnership. Did wonder about going, but was glad we did. The event
included guests from Loughborough University who advise the government on road safety issues, but
have no knowledge of the problems bikers face. We were the only bikers there and did manage to get
the attendees to start to consider our problems on the road.
I enjoyed a great ride out on 1st June, Lids off with Peterborough MAG to remember the anniversary of
the helmet law.
I will be attending Bikes Trikes ‘N’ Stuff get together this Sunday 8th at their Shop/Garage where all
profits from sales of hot dogs, cakes, Tea/Coffee will be donated to MAG……mmmmmmm cake
Nothing to report!
RADMAG 2014 AGM Minutes
Held Wednesday May 14th at the Green Dragon Hotel, Higham Ferrers.
7 full members present including Regional Rep Dave Hammond (observer).
4 ex members present
Apologies: Steve Petch (political officer)
Due to a poor initial turnout for the AGM (3 members, 1 observer and 1 ex-member) it was decided to
proceed straight to resignations and appointments. Steve Petch had explained at the last meeting that
he would be unable to stand for reelection as Political Officer because he was in the process of
moving out of the area. Nick Meads stood down as Secretary and John Donaldson stood down as
Rep. Jan Meads offered to stay on as Treasurer for the time being.
Jan gave a summary of RADMAG's current financial situation.
As there were no volunteers to take over any of the committee positions, there was general discussion
about the future of the group. Regional Rep, Dave Hammond explained that the group could continue
in a less active capacity as long as a 'Caretaker Rep' could be appointed. Alex Moore volunteered to
take on the role and was unanimously voted in. Nick Meads agreed to continue to administer the
RADMAG web page and facebook profile.
In the ensuing discussion it was agreed that RADMAG would continue to meet on Wednesdays with
full meetings on the second Wednesday of every month.
The 20th anniversary party would go ahead as planned, but more effort was required to sell tickets to
ensure that the event did not run at a loss.
There were no plans to represent MAG at any local events because of a lack of willing active members
in the area. The exception being the annual egg run, which attracts volunteers from outside of MAG.
The general sentiment was that while the remaining active RADMAG members agreed with the
general principals of MAG, they were not comfortable representing the wider organisation at this time.
Peterborough MAG NC Report
07/04/2014 - 14/06/2014
• 13th May group donation of £600 sent up to MAG Ltd
• After the success of the new m/c parking in Peterborough, we are now working with PCC to
discourage cyclists and delivery drivers parking in M/c parking. We are now awaiting no bicycle signs
for 2 motorcycle parking locations.
Informed by PCC there is a delay on these, we are still waiting & pushing.
• MAG member’s discounts have been obtained with Harlings Auto Services.
• Another MAG member benefit First Aid at Work, 3 day course has been booked for August. This will
again be provided by one of our members who will wave her fee again, ensuring there is a great
discount to be had by members.
( Level 3 FAW)
• Invite from the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough road safety partnership received for their road safety
input day event. Rep & RR attended ensuring bikers had a voice.
• Approached by Peterborough Road Safety for more views/input on their safety vids.
• Working with Fenland Road Safety re fitting of a motorcycle safety barrier in the area.
• Members continuing to report road defects.
• Continuing to draw new & renewal memberships.
• Peterborough MAG Rock Night, April 11th raised just short of £150
• 4 members from Peterborough attended the MAG AGC
• Members supported & helped marshal the RADMAG Egg Run
• April 27th £382.33 raised and presented to EACH and raised £48.05for MAG.
• 1st June Fred Hill run raising funds for MAG
• 8th June invite by corporate member Bikes Trike N Stuff to have the MAG stand at their get
together/open day. They will be donating profits to Peterborough MAG.
• We have 11 members marshalling at Farmyard this year, all except 2 are doing 3 shifts plus Sunday
We had one member turn up for the AGC, unfortunalty it clashes every year with an event on Piel
Island, its difficult to change dates as there are so many events now in the social calender.
Both groups have a healty interest in all things political and are working on lobbying MP's and potential
Socially Furness and Whitehaven are busy with ride and Dines, ride outs etc but are as I say
expressing more interest in matters Political.
On a differant note I have been busy with the following
National Road Safety Week
Motorcycle Crime reduction Group
International Association of Auto Theft Investigators
Local(Cumbria)-Collision Reduction and Safer Highways Group
Western Region MAG Report
There has been a loss of some members across the region, some were key figures in there groups or
at regional level, which will need some remedial fence mending but that will unfortunately take time, as
nerves are a tad raw with some, whilst others have become disillusioned with MAG.
Several members from the Region made the trip up to Blackpool for the AGC.
There will have been a regional MAG stand at the Somerset Bike Day manned by W&NS MAG as
Taunton MAG are unavailable on that date (June 8th), the stand will also be making outings to the
Calne Bike Meet (July 26) and Hoggin the Bridge (October 19), whilst technically not a regional stand,
members will be helping out on the Bristol MAG stand at the Bristol Bike Show (August16).
George Legg Western Region NC Liaison
Nothing really to report from Glos MAG, except the group is barely surviving at the moment. Having
lost the only other Glos MAG member who held an elected position, everything is my responsibility.
Glos MAG Rep
Weston & North Somerset MAG
The group continues to have a good attendance each week, and is active with ride outs most
weekends. There was a good attendance at Taunton MAGís Tone Vale Tea Rally. Working hard to
promote MAG at local events. Member have helped man the Regional stand at the BikeSafe event
held at Castle Coombe, and a MAG awareness day, further events planned include Calne and
Hogging the Bridge. Plans well under way for our major event the 10th anniversary GWR! Would be
good to see some of the bigwigs there for a change they seem to be in attendance at every rally
except this ours? Some support for our 10th GWR (Sept 5-7) wouldn't go amiss lol! Suggest they all
buy their tickets while you're there George?
Weston & North Somerset MAG Rep
Bristol MAG is flourishing with fresh faces a regular feature, a welcome sight are the younger crowd
who are very keen and are giving us old dogs a boost with their puppy like enthusiasm.
An awareness day was held at Riders of Bristol and three new members signed up.
Our new web master is keeping the web page extremely fresh and a good source of information for all,
as is our new Facebook page.
The focus now is the Bristol bike show on 16th August and after show party organisation.
The Roads are being distributed to bike shops in the area to keep the non members informed and
hopefully encourage them to join.
Tim Derrick Bristol MAG rep
Not Avon MAG
Not Avon are ticking over, but are mainly a social group meeting once a month.
Mid-Wilts MAG seem to have evaporated away, and will be a subject for discussion at the next
Regional meeting (June 15).
Membership numbers have fallen in the region again. A total of 5 local members attended AGC
Leicester MAG has very few active members now. Work on access to bus lanes has stalled at the
moment because the political officer is questioning his ongoing involvement. Very little going on at the
moment in the group.
Rutland MAG is small in numbers but very active socially with other MAG groups and clubs etc so I'm
fairly confident it will thrive.
Derby MAG has lost a couple of members but since the local elections there seems to be a reliable
contact in the council and the group are hoping to arrange a meeting with the new council leader to
discuss parking and access to bus lanes etc. Some members do not want to promote MAG but do
want to continue local lobbying etc.
PaD MAG is mainly a social group and has a reasonable number of members turning up regularly.
The group has discussed whether to continue as a MAG group a couple of times and has decided to
stick with it for now. Planning for the 1815 rally at the end of August is well underway.
Three of the groups are hoping to get involved in the commuting test. The Derby group is planning to
travel into either Derby or Nottingham and the Leicester and Rutland groups are hoping to travel into
Leicester. These may actually need to be combined due to low numbers.
East Midlands RR
South East Region Report
The region has been fairly quiet since AGC. We had the political hustings at the Carlisle in Hastings.
Lembit was in attendance, chairing the meeting. It was reasonably well attended, though not as good
as I would have liked. We had one MEP candidate who turned up by bike, and the bloke from UKIP
was a local activist due to a mix-up but he did very well, in fact better than the candidates who turned
The rock night on the other hand was a bit of a disaster, if I must say so myself. Certain aspects of the
publicity weren’t handled properly. Delegation doesn’t always work. The scale of the disaster did make
me consider my position as SE Rep but have decided that is a low-point and the only way is up.
Plans for the rally have stepped up a gear and we’re holding proper committee meetings. When
people realise that it is THEIR rally, and not just mine, they’ve really come round.
Eastbourne branch has folded, Mick Taylor’s tried his best for three years but to no avail. In place of
Eastbourne MAG, it has been decided to re-establish an old name from MAG South East Region’s
recent past – that of the old Beachy HEAD (Heathfield, Eastbourne and District) branch.
In its heyday, it was quite a successful branch, raising money for MAG’s work, and also for raising
MAG’s profile in the local area. It also managed to get access to bus lanes for bikes in Eastbourne,
long before a bus lane was even considered.
The inaugural meeting will take place at the Six Bells, Chiddingly at the end of June. I’ll be there,
wearing my National Chairman and South East Rep hats, and what’s more, I’ll be happy to get the
branch started for a while. I fancy practicing what I preach and seeing if I can motivate people locally.
North Kent branch is ticking over at the moment with Dave Sawicki stepping back slightly for personal
reasons; but other than that, it is still going. Steve Mallett spends half his life at sea, and the other half
acting as de facto rep. He’s been around MAG in that area for a good few years.
Brighton’s its usual tower of strength with a few of them getting to AGC. The ones who made it do tend
to travel long distance for a good party anyway (and they really enjoyed themselves. The Bus lane trial
is still a success and there’s now open communication between MAG and the council. There is still
room for improvement of course, however it’s getting there. There are plans to sort out Brighton’s bike
parking as a lot of it seems to be at the top of hills sideways on, which is a complete pain to park in
with bikes often falling over.
A couple of branches are suffering with a bout of too-many-venue-itis, where they meet at one place
one week, and somewhere else miles away the next. I don’t think it’s a good plan personally but
they’re realising that now and some rationalisation will take place in the coming months, with the hope
of more branches to cover the expanse of space not currently with a branch.
The best day for me so far was the Margate Meltdown – our stand on what wasn’t the best weather for
a Bank Holiday, saw a good turnout of region members helping out. Lembit made it to the stand,
despite being very busy with post EU election debates. We signed up a couple of members and the
stand was a success.
I’m happy how that turned out, and the recent regional meeting showed that the region has upped its
game. Plans have been hatched to re-launch the quieter branches over the course of the year.
South East Rep.
Northern Ireland report
Starting with Lembit's visit to the region we didn't get much time to organise much but what we got
done was well worth while.
For MAG SPORT as a starter we spoke to a BSB Superbike team based here and had a meeting with
Erin Thomas the editor of Emerald road racing magazine who seems very interested in working with
MAG on the sports side of things.
We appeared on the Nolan Show a BBC programme in the area to discuss and defend Road racing
after the death of Simon Andrews at the NW200. Unfortunately time ran short due to a religious nut as
is the way in these small lands.
Erin as acquired us a stall spot at the Belfast Motor show coming up on July 26th 27th which we are
hoping that Lembit will be in attendance to open the show on the Saturday morning ie TV coverage
and more media opportunities for MAG UK and ourselves.
Also our Lord and master John and Lembit are opening doors for us to take a stall to the Classic Manx
GP in August. Plus trying to get a AGM organised for August and bring Emerald Road racing to the
Stormin at the end of the month.
So in part busy times for N.I and that feeling there isn't enough hours in the day which I particularly
Ps. Lembit will fill you guys in on the Sport side of things as it does need NC backing and is only in the
talks stage at this point in time. I'll miss the NC this weekend due to a MAG stall at a local rally which I
had previously promised. As one man I can only do so much
Still fairly quiet at the moment with Glasgow making efforts to foster links with local clubs, with some
success, they are also considering support for motorcycle awareness day. Edinburgh still seems to be
hibernating though we do have a date booked for our next Rock night at the Blind Poet.
Attended an Edinburgh Transport Forum which among other issues allowed me to make a case for
allowing bikes in bus-lanes to other forum attendees. We await the Councils decision. Though it was
pleasing to note that a CTC representative was open to allowing learners and mopeds access, though
they remain opposed to general access and not all cyclists are as open to change.
My research and questioning of the arrangements for learners into the new Forth Crossing continues,
with Councillor Lesley Hinds having raised the issue with the Forth Crossing Board. There response
received on Thursday was not encouraging the new bridge will be motorway with normal restrictions,
they claim the existing Bridge will be a public transport corridor with access restricted to public
transport, cyclists and pedestrians with motorcycles under 50cc granted access. While having looked
at the debate in detail, which did support the concept of the existing bridge being used for public
transport, the bill does not specifically say this and leaves restrictions at ministers discretion through
TRO's. I shall speak to L&L to consider our best line of approach as the 30 plus mile diversion that
learners face if this position is not changed is totally unacceptable.
I have also been talking to Acceleration, Stephen Hunter and Tony to try and sort out delivery of the
next generation bike so far the only date available after their return from the TT was 12th/13th which
was unsuitable for both Tony and myself. I have been assured that they have bikes to deliver to
Scotland after next week and am awaiting notification of next available date for shipment. Hopefully
this will be early in the week beginning 23rd June, but if not I am prepared to hire a van and pick up
and deliver the bike myself as I am concious we do not want this to drag on.
That it for now folks see you at the weekend.
NW Report February-March 2014
11th April: - MAG UK Board meeting, The Red Lion, Blackpool.
I attended the Board meeting, minutes at www.mag-uk.org
12th April: - National Committee meeting, and AGC, Blackpool
NW MAG hosted this years AGC. It was a lively meeting with plenty to discuss. The meeting was very
well attended ~250 members signed in. The donations bucket was disappointing and only raised ~£30
towards a buffet cost of £450
The evening party was also well attended and the raffle did well, overall the whole event cost in the
region of £330 when everything was taken into account. Minutes of the AGC should soon be available
29th.April NW Motorcycle Alliance Meeting Avernus MCC, Chorley
.Another productive meeting. Discussions on promoting our candidates for the local council elections
and details of the planned Manchester RAV Demo discussed along with other regional issues.
4th May Assasins MCC Bike Show, Station Pub Ashton, Manchester
Took the MAG stand down to this Bike Show held at the meeting venue of Manchester MAG. Very well
attended and picked up a few memberships.
9-11th May NABD Rally, Astle Park, Cheshire-
Took the 6x3m NW Stand down to this event. Weather was poor but the stand did well getting into
double figures on new/renewed memberships and sold many items of second hand motorcycle
apparel donated by Mike Card, ex NW Regional Rep. We also had his Pan Trike on the stand, for sale,
which created a lot of interest.
16-18th May, Leyland Eagles Rally, Garstang
Took the 3x3m NW Stand to this affiliated club rally. Weather was excellent and a cracking rally. Not
many memberships taken as most folk are already signed up.
18th May Manchester RAV Demo
Numbers wise, it was a disappointing turn-out, maybe due to being early on a Sunday morning with a
lot of events being held on the previous evening. Those that did make the effort made the Demo a
success. Bishop Michael was in attendance and gave the ride his blessing before we set off. Lembit
Opik made the trip up to Manchester and joined the run on a bike loaned by Jimmy Torrence, the
Manchester Rep. We got some excellent coverage in the press and succeeded in getting the message
across. This was the first in what is planned to be a number of similar demos, the course of which runs
past the headquarters of Greater Manchester Police and terminates at the residence Office of the
Police and Crime Commissioner for Greater Manchester
22nd May Euro and local council elections.
We had two candidates from the Motorcycle Alliance Party who stood in the Local council Elections,
Jimmy Torrence, the Manchester MAG Rep stood in the Old Moat Ward, Ashton and Mike Yarwood,
Salford MAG member, stood in the Langworthy Ward. As expected, we did not gain a high percentage
of the votes in these wards but one of the off shoots of this campaign has been that the labour
candidate who won the Langworthy ward is keen to discuss our issues with the MAP candidates and a
meeting is being arranged.
23rd May Warrington Wheels
This is a annual bike building competition held for the U18s. NW MAG donates a trophy each year
and the winners are entered in the National Youthbike Competition in Lincolnshire In November. This
year’s trophy was presented by Manchester MAG Rep, Jimmy Torrence.
23rd-25th May Taunton MAG Rally
Had a weekend off from MAG commitments so travelled down to sunny Somerset to support this rally.
It was a thoroughly enjoyable weekend though a pity about the weather. Lembit & Mutchie put in an
appearance on the Saturday which went down well.
28th May Alliance Meeting Crusaders Brotherhood, Bury
Good feedback from the local elections. A lot of discussions surrounding the road furniture that is
being installed in Salford and other areas of Manchester. Loads of support for what MAG is doing from
the NW MCCs and MCs.
Other news from around the region
Things are very busy and active in the NW at the moment. Bill the political officer and Red-Rose Rep
is doing a great job producing the monthly NW Newsletter which has been running since February this
year. Blayz, the Salford Rep is busy with the Salford “Armadillos” and other transport issues. Jimmy
the Manchester Rep will soon be starting his own radio show on Biker FM, Tuesday nights 10pm till
midnight, where we will be able to promote MAG/MAP events and issues. I am being run off my feet
trying to keep up with MAG commitments. Not a lot heard from Morecambe and Wirral groups but still
functioning and meeting on a regular basis. I will try and get up to visit over the coming months..
Tony Cox, NW Regional Rep.
Warwickshire Regional Report as at June 2014
6 members attended the AGC
Following the way he was treated at AGC Dave Fear has stepped down as Local Rep and is now has
any dealings with MAG.
We held an informal EGM and appointed a new Local Rep Ollie Turner. The members who regularly
attend will continue supporting MAG. Hopefully they will take a more active role in the months to come.
4 members attended the AGC
I attended a meeting in Rugby and they were of the opinion that there is no other viable national riders
rights organisation so they would stick with MAG. However, after one of their life members was
corresponded with they are now dormant as far as MAG, the Local Rep will be standing down,
hopefully one of the other members will put themselves forward otherwise it will go dormant although a
number of members will continue to renew their membership.
7 members attended the AGC
The Coventry group continue to fight for rider rights locally and maintain a good working relationship
with local councillors. Our Bikes in Bus Lanes trial will be coming to an end on the 1st August and we
expect good news. We are on the campaign trail with Diesel Spills and the removal of the Wire crash
barriers on the A46 Warwick By Pass
As a region attending the AGC they sat quietly at the back of the room and did not part take in any
heckling or barracking of any of the members of the NC or Board and listened to everything that was
said. Hopefully things will settle down and members will re-engage in fund raising and supporting MAG
events, but for the time being they are continuing to fight for riders rights at a local level.
Yours in fellowship
Warwickshire Regional Representative
MAG- South Wales, June 2014
April AGC seems more than 2 months ago. Cardiff group sent apologies as they had already arranged
a MAG stand at a show. Even so there was a good turn out of Wales members there, many had come
to check out what will become of Riders' Rights in the UK & their comments were favourable: their
continuing vitality, ingenuity, teamwork and actions are inspiring.
One local Life member has continued to harass me via email re the Remedies but refused to attend
any meetings, even 1:1, and I've eventually told him (cc'd to the Chair) I will no longer communicate
with him other than face to face -I've wasted many many hours reading and replying to his fantasies.
I also had a set of email exchanges with the ex-Carmarthen rep who has resigned due to a
combination of personal circumstances and feelings about the ex-staff departures.
Since then we've had our S. Wales AGM where we elected a much fuller committee - I (Phil
McFadden) remain Regional Rep; Rob Matthews Regional Treasurer & Membership Secretary; Martin
Spam Wylie and Ian Williamson East & West Political Officers; and Chrissie Wardman undertaking
Secretarial and organising duties - which is settling into a more efficient system of communicating
information and ideas within and outside the region.
We were finally able to send £2000 to Central office, keeping back small amounts for our own plans in
We discussed something of recent and future social runs and possible joint socials with thoughts on
either supporting Aber with next year's Rally (this year's was cancelled, mostly due to difficulties with
the previous venue) or organising an extra rally near to the Owl's Nest in Llandovery.
It was agreed that as Cardiff has successfully built on a business model and gathered a small stock of
merchandise -patches, badges, stickers, etc- this will be open for other regions to borrow from to
develop their own stocks at events. Aber has a MAG-dedicated trailer and small marquee, & both
groups have tidy Gazebo stands which may also be borrowed.
Arrangements were made for support to the new Carmarthen and Swansea group to put up a good
display at the forthcoming West Wales show on 16/17 August.
Spam gave good news about the bikes in bus lanes campaign in Cardiff, published in the next ROAD.
We discussed the £150 "storage charge" which is made via Police for stolen/accident-recovered bikes,
and that for some people this is an expense which can't be easily raised. We agreed to try to set up
our own fund to pilot a scheme whereby Members could obtain a loan to pay the charge, to pre-empt
the daily added rates. I discussed with NC and Bikesure's manager Robert, who advised that it isn't a
scheme which could be covered by usual insurance due to excess charges usually being over £150.
Several options are still being considered.
SMIDSY accidents -our members are VERY likely to support action designed to highlight awareness
that there is no acceptable reason for not looking for other road users before driving into their path,
following what we perceive as a local increase in these.
Gareth Budding is slowly building his new group which I've supported with a couple of attendances,
while the others go forward with positive energies: even Pembrokeshire is adjusting to Panda taking
Selena, Hooch, the Harleys and his welding kit back to the Midlands for a new life. Unfortunately we
haven't yet elected a new Rep but we have found a new venue.
Both Cardiff and Aber have begun their public engagement sessions, Cardiff at Bike shows and Aber
organising their taster sessions.
Following discovery that Angela Burns, Tory Assembly Minister, had written to all of Wales' Police
Commissioners with a suggestion to make wearing of "hi-viz" compulsory for bikers in Wales, several
members and I wrote letters. It transpired that the good lady is completely on our side in this and was
simply forwarding a constituent's request. Even better news was that the Commissioners who
responded are also in agreement, which is why none of us (so far as I'm aware) have been harassed
for wearing Posh suits on our bikes instead of hi viz.
Last week many attended the funeral in Llanidloes of Francis Barnes, whose unexpectedly death from
undiagnosed cancer has left many dismayed. We will miss his enthusiasm and vigorous charm.
Menna wants his Guzzi to go to someone who'll show it the care he obviously did. I believe it's a Y reg
Spada Mk4 or 5 round fin, high mileage but these bikes run forever, very clean for about £3k. Anyone
interested please let me know.
EAST ANGLIA REGIONAL REPORT
It's a bit difficult to divide everything I've been up to over the past 2 months in to the relevant roles, I
have however tried.
2nd April - BSE and District MAG AGM. All new faces in the officer positions, welcome back to Val
Taylor as the Local Rep. I took the opportunity to sign out some MAG merchandising that is usually
held regionally, as the group had a MAG stand at the Mid Suffolk Moto Guzzi Owners Club event.
Next lots of preparation for the AGC as Acting Vice Chair including liaising with the office about
AGC - well documented and most of you were there, there were two members from my region present.
A heated meeting followed by plenty of 'letting my hair down'.
I now have the 'new' role (officially and not Acting) of MAG Vice Chair.
Sunday morning after AGC I received a phone call advising that Simon Mollett (BSE and District MAG)
had passed away, in due course I informed various members of the NC, the region and released the
news on Facebook.
BSE and District MAG went ahead with their East Egg Run on this very same Sunday. It was a great
success with approximately 70 bikes and trikes attending and lots of donations made to the local
Scope respite centre.
Simon's funeral was very well attended around 150 bikes and trikes. His parents were amazed, they
knew he was in to bikes but had no idea how well known and respected he was.
The group is struggling to deal with his loss, they continue to meet and are active however the
dynamics have changed. They know where I am and that I'm available if I can help out in any way.
I've supported all West Norfolk MAGs ride outs, these have so far been well attend by the group and
have attracted a few riders from outside of the 'regular attendees'.
The group have a 1 nighter, invite only party with camping planned for August, all profits to MAG.
Pete and I took the MAG stand along to the first Chatteris bike show which was well attended.
I continue to share things across the 3 Facebook sites (East Anglia MAG, West Norfolk MAG and
B.S.E. and District MAG) as best I can (items from the National MAG FB page, flagging meetings,
sharing events in the area/info e.g. stolen bikes etc) anything I think may be of interest. I am aware I
sometimes miss things or forget to share on all sites. There are other admins who could do this
however as I'm sure you've all found out - it's quicker to share it yourself than email someone else
about them doing it.
I attend Into The Valley and helped run the MAG stand, all comments were positive and there was a
real interest in doing a demo ride.
I've completed my form for The Farmyard Party and along with Tracy Smith have been liaising with Ali
Preston. This year we are going to run a simple draw to win a pair of tickets for the Yorkshire Pudding,
MAP are kindly donating the tickets. If it's a success then we can talk to MAP about repeating this at
their events next year.
Vice Chairwise it's never dull:
April kicked off with the drawing of the Next Generation Raffle, this was fraught as Lembit can confirm,
Radio people appear to work to 'odd' schedules.
A ticket was independently drawn, the winner was informed, the result was published and many thanks
to Phil McFadden for picking up the co-ordination, Trace Smith for chasing prizes and of course Tony
Cox who's now had to let the bike go.
The February NC minutes were finally approved with just a few additional corrections that I fed back to
The AGC Draft minutes are there but we are waiting to fill in as many 'blanks' as we can before
releasing them to the NC.
I've been supporting Anne to try and get the Reps details listed in Network up to date. Lots but not all
Rep's replied to my request for details and the list is now with Carol. We are current waiting to resolve
issues with the 0844 numbers (this is an MMSL job).
I've been posting on FaceBook in an attempt to increase our profile, There have also been some
information releases to the website and big list on the back of this. The NC need to decide if this is to
continue and a working group need to make this a co-ordinated effort so we do not merely duplicate
John Mitchell and I did a bit of a spring clean on Dropbox. We are in regular contact, working together.
I haven't forgotten that I'm looking at Risk Assessment crib sheets with Dave & Tink Hammond to
make things easier for those who have never completed one before.
Oliver has been in touch with John and I, and we've both tried to advise and assist him. More on this at
the NC meeting this month.
I keep an eye on The Road proof reading group along with Phil and try to support Mr Mutch, including
some IT support which was entertaining.
In addition to my Regional Rep and Vice Chair roles, I am a Director of MMSL and liaise regularly with
the staff. Julie and I are working well together.
Board minutes from April 2014 were sent around the Directors for corrections then issued to Julie for
There's a new Membership Form on Dropbox that I worked on with Neil Stevenson and Julie Sperling.
There's also a new Expenses Form on Dropbox following an email from a member of the NC
reminding us a change was required.
There will be many more changes and updates over the coming months, please bear with the staff and
MMSL Directors whilst we assess and prioritise the jobs to be done.
A final message, it would be great if groups could send in any donations in a timely manner to The
Motorcycle Action Group Limited to assist with cash flow.
We understand many groups make these types of decisions at their AGMs (usually over the winter),
an improved cash flow will help us with the printing of membership leaflets that we hope to have for the
August NC meeting. We can only schedule expenditure if we have funds flowing in.
RR East Anglia, MAG Vice Chair & MMSL Director
HERTS and ESSEX REPORT
I'm pleased to report that we've had our first official meeting and have a Rep, Treasurer and Secretary
plus an add on role of IT and Communications for our website and social media on FB and Twitter.
Roger Ford kindly rode down from Birmingham to Hemel and both assisted and guided us to this point.
Denis Springford and I were both heavily involved with the original Hemel MAG Group so it's good that
we have been able to restart it under a new banner and recycle some of the initial efforts everyone
Below is a precis of what happened which I put on the interim Facebook Dacorum MAG Group page:
Stage 1 is now done after our EGM tonight. After 3 hours of healthy discussion about MAG,
Motorcycles and many related subjects we have a core Team.
Roger Ford gave us much guidance and we have now filled the main roles we needed to start
Local Rep: Jon Metcalf AKA Kit Spartan
Secretary : Chris O'hara
Treasurer : Corey Jack Allistone-smith
Also Denis Springford will be our IT and Communications guy covering the Website and Social Media
via Facebook and Twitter.
Next step of course is a bank account with all of the relevant sign off etc.
Thanks to all those who have helped us thus far.
Best Regards from all at Dacorum MAG
West Midlands Report
Lets start with a big thanks to the organisers of our AGC much appreciation to all concerned. Getting
closer to our local main events the Brum demo and the Heart of England Rally so things are pretty
busy at the moment, trying to get as much free publicity for the events and for MAG as we can
including pushing to as much press as we can. Liaising with my Local reps and contacting all involved
and the likes of the police. All regional activity carries on as normal with things remaining steady.
Probably have much more to report next time as lots on our calendar come up within the next few
In addition, TS reported that Exeter branch has closed.
ii. Chair and Vice-Chair
AGC was rather interesting in a good way. Others have already said enough about what happened.
Democracy is a wonderful thing and people ignore it at their peril.
Busy… in part thanks to a hectic work life with the Bank of England Annual Report and Accounts
taking over for the past 8 or so weeks. Thankfully, I still get a bit of time to answer emails and deal
with urgent stuff, and the commute gives me ample time to deal with the myriad of emails I get each
I’ve not been a slouch on the MAG front, doing what I can despite being busy. People are definitely
reading the words I write in the magazines. In fact, the articles have become a good recruiting tool. My
next article in 100% Biker has gone for the ‘Awkward Squad’ vote – as in, if you’re as awkward as I am
(making change while being a complete PITA to the authorities) then MAG is the organisation where
you can make changes in your own biking world and beyond.
I had a message from a youngster wanting to know why he should join MAG, seeing as he’s a learner
on a 125 who wants to get involved and change the world. I managed to communicate my passion for
biking and why I got involved and he’s ended up joining. He might be a good asset to Brighton MAG
and the future of biking. Lembit, Leon and myself feel if we can distil the essence of that passion, we
could sort out the younger membership and get them onboard.
Sadly, I’ve missed a couple of meetings that I would have liked to attend (but weren’t totally necessary
for me to attend) with Lembit, such as with Chris Burns from the Australian organization, MCNSW over
what’s happening in Queensland. There are plans to attend meetings later in the year that I can get to.
At the Farmyard, I expect I’ll be doing my ‘wandering marshall’ bit and handing around leaflets, etc.,
and meeting people, which I seem to be good at!
It’s also nice to have a good Vice Chair in Selina. We have communicated regularly by phone, Skype
and text, working out ways of improving things in MAG.
With all of this, I feel that MAG is definitely on the up. Long may it continue.
iii. National Finance Officer
No report – however, information is attached to the back of these minutes
iv. Executive Officer’s report
Julie Sperling, Executive Officer, to provide reports to future NC meetings.
IM reported that recent changes to The Road included more pictures, bigger headlines and a drop
from 10 point to 9.5 point in text font size.
(PM leaves the meeting).
IM said he is striving to balance unique features along with regular ones.
TP noted that there was no report in the latest issue on AGC 2014. IM will include one in the next
vi. Clubs Officer
Clubs Officer Report
Period: Apr - June 2014
Clubs at Start: 146
Affiliated Members at Start: 52,977
Clubs at End: 141 (-13, +8)
Affiliated Members at End: 50,110 (mostly Goldwing Owners Club GB, due to renew end of May)
The majority of this reporting period has been spent finding my feet and getting used to how the NC
operates between meetings.
A brief discussion over e-mail was had between the Triumph Owners MCC representative, myself
and Chair, as members of their national committee have raised concerns with the outcomes (as of
April) of Staffgate. If requested, the plan is to support their representative in arguing for them to
continue their membership. Renewal is not until January, so this is probably for information only at
this time. One branch which acts independently has renewed at the end of May, so this may not
come to anything.
Majority of other discussions were held over NC mailing list, so members will already be aware of the
initial discussions regarding TRF. The other agenda point relates to the April discussions about
whether the clubs scheme is working.
Can RRs pass the details of their clubs officers on to me, if they have them - if not, can they ask for
volunteers in their region to fill the post. Additionally, can any members or staff who are meeting
clubs with an aim to affiliate keep me and appropriate RCOs in the loop. It would also be useful to
know if there is a central resource for the bigger items (gazebos etc.) which clubs may need to
The plan for the next report period is to try and catch up with as many affiliated clubs as possible and
introduce myself personally. No meetings with new clubs are scheduled at this time. I have had a
request for assistance passed on to me from Unwanted MCC about getting a MAG stand at their
Salutation Rally (29-31 Aug - same weekend as Storming), so this is an advance request for
volunteers and resources.
* To invite the Trail Riders Fellowship to affiliate to MAG on a preferential basis (i.e., not through the
regular fees structure)
- TRF are already BMF affiliated
- I’d like to do it as an equal partnership if possible - full TRF members become affiliated MAG
members, and full MAG members become affiliated TRF members (if they have a scheme).
* To form a discussion group to look into changing aspects of the Club Affiliation Scheme, with the
aim of making it more popular
- Needs to look into how other organisation’s schemes work (not just Riders Rights)
- List affiliate benefits and estimate costs
- Fee structure may need to be revised
- Needs to work out how to get clubs to engage further with the campaigns
- Target is to report back to NC by August meeting
- Open membership - existing affiliates, individual members, NC and board will be invited to join
12. Any other business:
Trail Riders Federation
Club affiliation scheme
OR reported that he is looking for ideas for improvement to the scheme. He is currently working out
whether MAG bears a financial cost in maintaining affiliated clubs, and will be looking at ways of
encouraging conversions to full membership.
To be progressed by NC via email.
Rod Mitchell and motorcycle law
SW reported that the legal system in Scotland differs from that operating in England and Wales, and
that MAG is in receipt of an offer of assistance similar to that already in place with Shoosmiths.
CTC and MAG
Item deferred for discussion via email.
Leaflets, new design?
SL advised that existing flyers and memberships forms can be used until August, with the exception
of GetaGrip!, which should be discontinued with immediate effect. Existing membership forms
should have the application for membership removed; a temporary replacement is available in
Dropbox for downloading and printing off.
(AC rejoins the meeting).
SL also reported that a “credit card pull-out” style of membership leaflet is being investigated to
replace the existing format.
A number of promotional DVDs were handed out for use on stands.
JMC requested that Julie Sperling be advised in advance of transferring funds payable to TMAGL,
and also asked that outstanding funds be sent in.
PT reported that there had been further fraudulent activity on the NatWest account. A fictitious
cheque book is being used at several branches to withdraw funds. The amounts are almost always
under the threshold for banks to request further I.D. The police have been notified, but technically it
is a crime against the bank so no further action can be taken by MAG. There are no financial
implications for MAG.
NFL noted that the Activist’s Training and Local Group Expansion Plan training is something that can
be used on C.V.s and job applications as transferrable skills and should be advertised as such.
SW reported that delivery of the raffle bike to the winner has been delayed and is considering taking
on responsibility for the delivery as it needs addressing at the earliest opportunity, the raffle having
been drawn in April.
GF works for a courier firm specialising in bike delivery and will liaise with SW regarding a resolution.
Julie Sperling will advise on the final figure for funds raised after final invoices have been raised.
NC was reminded of confidentiality issues while negotiations are ongoing.
High Beech tea hut
This tea hut in Epping Forest is a popular venue for many, including motorcyclists and has
connections with Speedway. It is currently under threat of closure.
(SW and AC leave the meeting).
That MAG supports a campaign to keep High Beech tea hut open.
Proposed: GH; Seconded: RF. Carried.
Heart of England tickets
GF informed the NC that he has two tickets available for the price of one.
WR reminded the NC that proposals for hosting the 2015 AGC need to be received in time for the
October NC meeting.
TP confirmed that his region is to submit a proposal.
(AC rejoins the meeting).
Finally, TS advised that lanyards were available for purchase; AG reminded all that the Bristol Rally
is forthcoming; WR requested that a thank you gesture (e.g. flowers) be arranged for Carol Ferrari
(Central Office) in time for the August NC meeting, where it could be presented.
AC asked (possibly tongue in cheek) what the status of MAG would be in Scotland in the event of the
Referendum returning a vote in favour of independence, as Scotland would then be a sovereign
RF offered apologies in advance for the August NC meeting.
Date of next meeting: Saturday 9th August 2014.
Note change of regular venue to Wren Hall, Birmingham Road, Wroxall, Warwick, CV35 7ND